Saturday, February 25, 2012

Pulled Chicken

I pinned this idea for pulled chicken to my food board on Pinterest. 
Sometimes I wonder if these 'ideas' really work.
I can tell you positively this one does.

Step1: 2.5lbs frozen chicken breast go into my electric pressure cooker. Add liquid (I used homemade chicken stock I made a couple days ago) to the fill line. Add any spices you prefer.

Step2: Set pressure to 15lb and timer for 13 minutes. When  finished, allow pressure to release naturally (about 15 minutes); remove lid.

Step3:  Remove chicken breasts from liquid. Attach flat blade to mixer and then add chicken breasts to the bowl. Process on medium speed (mine is 4-6) until chicken is completely shredded.

I portioned this out into freezer bags and popped them into the freezer. 
I did keep out enough for some BBQ sandwiches for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment